What are the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids show many positive health benefits in young and old: from the development of the brain and vision in babies to protection against heart attacks in adulthood. It is scientifically proven that EPA and DHA can considerably contribute to the following:
- the proper development of the brain and retina in fetuses and babies
- better blood flow and proper circulation
- healthy blood vessels
- a stable heart rhythm
- the lowering of an increased blood lipid concentration (triglycerides)
- normalisation of increased blood pressure
- healthy eyes
- reduction of inflammation (e.g. in the joints in case of rheumatism)
- the prevention of a premature loss of vitality and mental agility with increasing age
Numerous additional effects are being scientifically discussed, but have not yet been sufficiently clarified.